General Ramblings comments edit

After more toil and trouble than I care to recount, my Willy Wonka costume is complete. The last piece I had to finish making was the vest, and now that’s done the costume proper is done.

Let’s see the costume tally, shall we?

Hat: $14.99 Ribbon for hat band: $3.98 Cane supplies: $70.97 TV Goggles: $14.99 Shirt pattern (estimated): $8.00 Shirt material, findings, etc. (estimated): $30.00 Vest pattern (estimated): $8.00 Vest material, findings, etc. (estimated): $25.00 Chain and findings: $11.97 Pants: Free (had some) Shoes: Free (had some) Wig cap: $2.99 Wig: $7.99 Coat: $65.00 + $9.00 shipping TOTAL: $272.88

Wow. That’s a little more than I was planning on spending, but it looks awesome. Plus, it was fun to put together and kept me busy in a creative fashion, so that counts for something, doesn’t it?

I don’t want the final look getting out quite yet, so I’ll post pictures on or after Halloween. I think it looks pretty good, though, and Jenn says so, too.

General Ramblings comments edit

I updated my RSS feed to include the entire article for all entries, so folks just visiting through RSS should be able to get the full… well, whatever it is I’m delivering here.

General Ramblings comments edit

Okay, I thought I had the RSS updated, but it turned out it really wasn’t. pMachine (the current blog package) is sort of a bitch to customize code-wise, so… sorry, folks. You’re just going to have to visit the site to read the whole article for now.

css comments edit

With the new look and feel, I’ve noticed that if I throw a picture in there and align it to the right, sort of like I do in some entries, if the picture is longer than the entry, you get some odd overlapping and such.

I’ve tried to fix it, but IE’s rendering engine just can’t seem to handle the CSS ‘clear: both’ directive correctly. That is, I tried to say “each entry should clear on both sides so you don’t get overlapping entries,” but when I do that, IE loads the page up then the top entry on the page blinks out of existence until you scroll it off the screen, then back on… then after a few seconds, it just blinks out of existence again. Obvious rendering engine bug. (Works on Firefox just fine, though.)

Long and short of it is, I’m not sure if there’s anything I can do about the overlap in a browser-independent fashion (which is what I was hoping to achieve). I’ll keep plugging away at it, but for now, I’ll just have to watch my image sizes.