SharpReader2RSSBandit.xslt - Moving SharpReader Settings Into RSS Bandit

I use an RSS aggregator almost daily. I started off with RSS Reader, then decided to move to SharpReader because it had a little more of what I was looking for feature-wise.

I’ve used SharpReader for quite a while, but while it’s configurable in some ways that other readers aren’t, I found the control you have over feeds in RSS Bandit is pretty cool, particularly with the ability to apply your own XSLT to the feed, not to mention there’s actually a product roadmap and some pretty decent support.

So today I downloaded RSS Bandit and started messing with it, liked it, and decided to move my settings over to it.

Hoo, boy.

SharpReader exports in OPML format. RSS Bandit exports in some other format. Time to write a conversion…

…and here it is. An XSLT document that, when run against the exported SharpReader settings, renders an XML document that you can import into RSS Bandit.

SharpReader2RSSBandit.xslt

Comments