Saturday was my 12th treatment on my face, and the last in my second set of six (they sell treatments in blocks of six).

A lot has changed since the first treatment, so since I re-upped for a third set of six, I thought it would be time for a retrospective.

  • It still hurts, but it’s nothing like the first time I went. I get MeDioStar on my entire face now, and it’s not nearly as bad because the hair is so much thinner. Reading back on that first entry, I totally remember how much apprehension I felt before going back for the second treatment. I don’t feel that anymore. (There really is no way you can prepare someone for it, so I think a lot of my reaction was that my pain-related expectations were vastly different than reality. Whattaya gonna do?)
  • I still really like all of the people at the clinic. Everyone from the folks at the front desk to the technicians and the sales people are super nice. They all remember my name, they all make me feel totally welcome, and they’re super easy to get along with. I’m glad I chose them.
  • I thought I’d be a closer to done than I am, but then, I was supposed to have done 12 MeDioStar treatments by now and I haven’t. I spent a lot of time doing just Dermo Flash to thin things out. It was the right thing to do, but it’s taking a while.
  • I really like the results so far. My hair grows differently on my face - I pretty much have to shave against the grain to get a good shave - but I’ve also not destroyed any sheets, pillowcases, or shirts for quite some time.
  • The spots that are being stubborn are my chin, upper lip, a spot on my right cheek, and a spot on my neck. The rest has done really well. Even the stubborn spots are starting to give way, it’s just taking a while.

So I did my thing, got my second set of six, and I’m crusin’ along. I should probably take some before and after pix in a couple of weeks to see how well this next set of treatments goes.

net, vs comments edit

There’s a known issue with the latest CR_Documentor

  • sometimes, on an unpredictable basis, it’ll start issuing that “active content” JavaScript security warning. It does that because we’re updating the document by poking data into the DOM directly. Usually setting your IE security settings to “allow active content to run in files on My Computer” fixes it, but not always.

Unfortunately, it’s not really something I can replicate easily, but I know the fix is to, well, stop doing that dynamic poking thing and just serve it up like a regular web server. I have a couple of options:

  1. Create a custom in-proc web server from scratch. I’d have the most control over it and the least dependencies, but it’s the most amount of work, too.
  2. Add a dependency to the ASP.NET development server and use that. Basically, just fire up the ASP.NET development server and serve from a temporary filesystem location.

Is it safe to assume most folks have the ASP.NET development server installed with Visual Studio? I could detect if it was installed and issue an error when the user displays the window to tell them they need to have it installed. I’m thinking writing web servers, however tiny, is not my “core competency” so I’d rather use something off the shelf than try to roll everything myself.

UPDATE: Turns out rolling your own is easy with HttpListener. I’m going to try that first.

UPDATE 2:This is currently being worked on and should be fixed in the next version. You can follow the issue progress on the CR_Documentor site.

UPDATE 3: It’s fixed! Go get it!

downloads, vs, coderush comments edit

I know it’s bad news to release things on Friday right before the day is out, but I can’t hold it in any longer:

I am pleased to announce that after a far-too-long silence, CR_Documentor 2.0.0.0 has been released and is now available for download.

Three major things to report in this release:

  1. All reported bugs have been fixed. If you mailed me or left a comment about a bug, it should be resolved in this release. While there are some known issues, things should render right and it should behave itself reasonably.
  2. Sandcastle “Prototype” preview style is available. You can choose between the classic NDoc preview style or the new Sandcastle “Prototype” style.
  3. The plugin is now open source. I’ve created a new home for the plugin on Google Code and have released it under the Apache 2.0 license. I’d love to get some help and contributions on it, but even if you’re just curious about how it works under the hood, feel free to grab the code.

All the info - FAQ, known issues, etc. - is all on the new CR_Documentor site at Google Code, as is the download. Head on over and check it out!

downloads, vs, coderush comments edit

My CR_JoinLines and CR_SortLines plugins for DXCore have been joined up with the DXCore Community Plugins project headed by Rory Becker. Complete source, installation/usage info, etc., has all been put up over there and any further dev on them will be done there.

Hopefully this more public release area will be helpful to folks who not only want to find and use the plugins, but also who want to learn how to write plugins.

net comments edit

I’m a few days late on this (I was on vacation) but Typemock Isolator 4.3 has been released and has some great new features like Ivonna integration for ASP.NET testing. Check out the blog post on it and then go get it!

While I’m on the subject of Typemock, Roy Osherove has offered up a sneak preview of the new Typemock Racer tool he’s working on that will help detect thread deadlock. Very promising, indeed. Check out his site for some great screenshots.