Typemock Isolator 5.0 has been released and there are a lot of cool things that come with it. The two big ones:
- Arrange/Act/Assert syntax: A more fluent syntax style for setting up your mocks. You can still use the old API, but the new one offers a nice alternative to the classic record/playback metaphor.
- Open Source licensing: I blogged about this before, but it’s finally in effect. You can get the goodness of Isolator for use in your open source project. I’ll totally be hooking this up in CR_Documentor.
This is huge. I’m totally excited. Check it out.
While I was attempting my
figured I’d also look and see where my database space was going since
I’ve had to have a size increase a couple of times now and I’m not
generating tens-of-megabytes worth of content. The culprits: the
subtext_Referrals tables. Which is to say, my list of
referral sites and the links to the associated blog entries. The URLs
table was in the 40MB range, which is pretty out of hand.
I did a quick search to see if this was common and found this entry on Phil Haack’s site from a couple of years back, talking about how to clear the cruft out of these tables. Ran those SQL commands and I’m back into the 5MB size for the URLs table.
Anyway, this serves as a little reminder to give your database a little love and attention. Hopefully we’ll offer more in the way of an admin interface for these sorts of things in Subtext 3.
Well, I gave it the old college try, but I ended up pretty well trashing my site in the course of my attempt to upgrade to Subtext 2.0, so I had to get restored from backup. Yow!
There seemed to be something odd to begin with when the upgrade process wouldn’t run - it sort of locked me out of the site. I got around that only to see it say I needed to “install,” not “upgrade.” Ummm… well, OK. So I did that. The database got upgraded, but then I hit the final wall: I’m in a medium trust environment and the build won’t run in medium trust.
I guess I’ll have to see if I can help rectify some of this.
I’ve seen this kit from Ion in some of the game magazines and on web sites, but I finally found the official site for it: the Drum Rocker kit from Ion.
It’s an actual drum kit from a real drum manufacturer that has a controller box you can swap for either control by Xbox 360 or an Alesis DM5 module, making it useful in an actual drum kit capacity. Not just for gaming anymore!
Admittedly, I play on medium difficulty. I’m no expert by any means. But the noise the standard drums generate plus the sometimes questionable accuracy plus the fact that I’ve always wanted a drum kit… sort of sounds like it adds up to this.
I damn near clicked that pre-order button just now. Just the $300 price tag stopped me. It may not stop me for long.