Autofac Docs Moved to Official Documentation Site
All Autofac documentation has moved to our official documentation site at http://autofac.readthedocs.io/.
Since moving from Google Code to GitHub we’ve had documentation spread all over, some of which was getting pretty stale from not being maintained. We wanted to get control over that and set a good stage going forward, so we consolidated everything to our site on Read the Docs.
Doing this provides a lot of benefit:
- Documentation is searchable.
- You can get the docs in multiple formats (online, PDF, epub).
- Docs are readable on a mobile browser.
- We can start versioning the documentation.
- We can update docs in one spot, inside the source tree, and not worry about wikis all spread out getting stale.
As part of this, you will see some changes to our wikis:
- All of the pages in our GitHub wiki have been removed except for the release notes pages. We’ll only be maintaining release notes in the wiki. If you want docs, you need to go to the doc site. This may break some links in things like StackOverflow answers, but the other choice was to keep a bunch of placeholder redirect pages in place, which would be just painful to maintain. Instead we ripped the bandage off.
- All of the pages in the Google Code wiki have been cleared out and replaced with some text pointing to the new documentation location. There are a substantially larger number of articles and answers linking to the old wiki and that wiki doesn’t change anymore so putting some pseudo-redirects in there was a simple one-time effort.
Apologies if this causes some issue with broken links.
It’s taken a long time to get here, but we think this will provide a better documentation experience for everyone now and going forward.