Images Broken in RSS Due to Relative URLs
I just did a quick peek at my feed in RSSBandit and it looks like my images aren’t showing up in my feed. Turns out it’s because, in many cases, I specify image URLs as “/path/to/image.gif” rather than “http://www.paraesthesia.com/path/to/image.gif” - relative rather than absolute.
I’m looking into ways to fix this in an automated fashion. I don’t want to have to manually go back and edit every post that has an image in it, and I’m sure there are links that are also specified in relative format that won’t work in feeds. I found a WordPress plugin that does exactly what I need for exactly the same reasons. I just need to find a .NET HttpModule that does this (that I can selectively enable just for the feed).
If I can’t find it, I guess I’ll have to write it.