Happy 28 To Me!
Today is my birthday, so happy birthday to me! I’ve reached 28 which, as far as ages go, is neither here nor there. Not a bad place to be, mind you.
Woke up this morning (got yourself a gun?) around 6:00 because, while I have the day off, Jenn works. I got my presents from her (I like presents): The Best of James Taylor and a Harry Potter Lego set. Very cool.
Jenn’s working a half day, and when she gets home we’re going to head up to Seattle to visit family and do the tourist thing. I’m in the process of ripping the James Taylor album so we can listen to it on the iPod on the way up.
Aside from that, no real insight. Another year older and wiser, as they say. A lot’s happened, though (most of which I’m remembering from scanning through my site… it’s a good thing I keep this thing or I’d never remember anything). Let’s see…
- Saw Mamma Mia, Conjure One, Delerium, and Cirque du Soleil’s Alegría
- Took a lot of Microsoft training
- Started working on the product demo project at work (an incarnation of which I’m still working on)
- Tried and failed on the Atkins diet
- Fought with PS2 disc read errors
- Changed my host and started blogging with pMachine… lost a little data in that process
- Changed hosts - again - and lost a little data in that process
- Ripped all of my CDs into 256kbps AAC format
- Started - and finished - buying a house
- Got my MCSD.NET certification
- Got my MCDBA certification
Not bad for a year. I look forward to what’s in store for me this year. Stick around, folks. I think it’s gonna be a good one.